Senior Partner, Finance
CIMA qualified Chartered Accountant with more than 15 years of professional experience working with renowned institutions.
Shimad leads our financial advisory and asset management department. He is a CIMA (UK) qualified Chartered Accountant with over 15 years of professional experience working with renowned multilateral and commercial financial institutions and banks. He has served in a number of boards of public, state owned and private companies in various industries and has chaired the audit committees for the majority of these companies.
Prior to joining S&A, Shimad worked at Villa Group, one of the largest privately-owned conglomerate in the Maldives with interests in tourism, infrastructure, trading, aviation, fisheries, education etc., as Head of Finance & Tax
- Chief Financial Officer at Villa Shipping and Trading Co. (Mar 2016 – Mar 2019)
- Executive Director, Finance and Tax at Villa Shipping and Trading Co. (Nov 2009 to Mar 2016)
- Head of Finance at Maldives Islamic Bank (Nov 2010 to Sept 2011)
- Chief Finance Executive at Ministry of Finance & Treasury (Mar 2007 to Nov 2009)
- Assistant Undersecretary at Ministry of Finance & Treasury (Dec 2003 to Mar 2007)
- Director of the Board, Maldives Islamic Bank (2014 – 2017)
- Director of the Board, Maldives Energy Authority (2012 – 2019)
- Chairman of Audit Committee, Maldives Tourism Development Corporation PLC (2011 – 2012)
- Chairman of Audit Committee, Thilafushi Corporation Limited (2011 – 2012)
- Director of the Board, Upper South Utilities Limited (2009 – 2010)
- Former member of National Debt Management Committee.