Zain handles commercial litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution matters.
He has won awards for his outstanding client service. Zain has canvassed years of experience in complex high value disputes for large blue-chip clients such as Amazon, Adobe, Ball Corporation, Unilever, Deloitte UK, PwC UK, Grant Thornton UK, Cannacord Genuity, Ipsos Mori, Emirates Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, easyJet and British Airways in the global capitals of dispute resolution.
Zain was previously at global top tier firms in the City of London and New York City before joining S&A Lawyers LLP in 2020.
- Successfully assisted a global hotelier in resisting local parallel proceedings in favour of a foreign-seated arbitration claim.
- Advised a global hotelier in securing their management rights following expulsion from property owing to a dispute with owners.
- Advised a global hotelier in enforcing arbitral awards issued in foreign seated arbitrations.
- Managed a worldwide employment advisory retainer engagement for a tech client present in over 80 jurisdictions.
- Advised institutional banks in relation to the LIBOR/TIBOR fixing scandal and compliance with the FCA FX Remediation program.
- Advised a well known airline in relation to insurance disputes arising out of the disappearance of an aircraft.
- Advised institutional lenders on interest rate swap disputes following LTV breaches as a result of the 2008/9 global financial crisis.
- Advised auditors in relation to civil law audit and regulatory investigations into their conduct followed the £12bn sale of Autonomy Corporation to Hewlett Packard and the subsequent £8bn write off.
- Advised an auditor in respect of investigations into their audit of a retailer following question around related party disclosures.
- Worked with document automation specialists and programmers to build a bespoke claims management system for a large UK airline.
- Acted for an ultra high-net-worth client in restoring misappropriated funds which were the subject of a secret oral trust in BVI.
- Acted for private investors to obtain and enforce an ICSID award following unlawful repatriation of assets from a MENA state.
Awards and Recognition
- Taylor Wessing’s People of the Year Award 2018
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Banking and Finance
- Shipping and Maritime
- Construction and Infrastructure